Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Website Usage
The term IEEDC or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website, IEEDC.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without IEEDC’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
The following points apply, in addition to the terms and conditions above, if you are making payments online through the website.
Payment and creation of contract
- IEEDC must receive payment of the whole price for the services or materials (together or individually “Services”) you wish to receive before your order can be accepted. Once we receive your payment we will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending an email to the email address you provide in your order form (“Acceptance Notice”). Our email to you shall include the details and price currently available for the Services in question. If these details and/or price differ from those shown on the Website at the time you submitted your order and you wish to cancel your order and (payment) you may do so in accordance with clause 3 below.
- If the details and price in our Acceptance Notice correspond to those shown on the Website at the time at which you submitted your order, then a legally binding contract between us will arise upon your receipt of the Acceptance Notice.
- If the details and price in our Acceptance Notice do not correspond to those shown on the Website at the time at which you submitted your order you must tell us if you do not wish to proceed with your order. If we have not received any notice to cancel your order, within seven days, in accordance with clause 10 below, then a legally binding contract will arise between us.
- The price payable for the Services or goods that you order is as set out on the Website and the same may be amended from time to time.
Your right of cancellation
- Your right to cancellation is subject to the cancellation policy outlined at Cancellation Policy.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel please inform Academic Conferences in writing of your intention to cancel (email to firstname.lastname@example.org is acceptable, please include ‘Right To Cancel’ in the subject line).
- Once IEEDC has been notified by you, the sum debited by IEEDC from your debit or credit card for the order in question will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order being cancelled provided that, where any materials have been received by you in accordance with the relevant order, you have returned them and they have been received by IEEDC in the same condition as when they were provided to you.
Availability of events or training you order
- IEEDC reserves for itself the right to cancel any training or events, and any payments made by you will be refunded to your account. IEEDC will notify you of such cancellation and refund due by email as soon as practicable. The refund to your account will take place as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of the date of cancellation of the training or event. IEEDC are not responsible for any costs incurred by you in relation to the conference or training event that have been paid to any other organisation.